- ID scanning is a condition of entry for all club nights at Sheffield SU. If you are unable to provide ID or a U-Card you will not be allowed entry, regardless of your age. If you look under 21 years of age for student only events you will need to provide ID as well as a U-Card. For events open to the public, you will need to provide ID if you look under 25.
- We will only accept the following ID as proof of age: valid passport, foreign national ID cards, driving license or home office approved PASS hologram cards. Originals only please, we can’t accept photocopies.
- If you’re drinking, be responsible and know your limits.
- Make sure you get home safe and with friends.
- If you’re worried about a friend, or if you see anybody who may need help, please let a member of staff know straight away.
- Keep an eye on your drinks and don’t leave them unattended.
- Free water & earplugs are available from behind the bar.
- Strobe lighting will be in use at all events.
Zero tolerance towards drugs on nights out. What does it mean for me?
The possession, use, supply and attempting to supply controlled drugs is illegal in the UK. From September 2017, Sheffield Students’ Union (SSU) will implement new procedures as a condition of entry for our licensed venues to promote our zero tolerance toward drug use policy. This also includes so called ‘legal highs’. Please take a moment to read the information below.
- Sheffield Students’ Union has a zero tolerance policy toward drug use at its licensed venues. Searches will be in operation, as well as sniffer dogs for some events.
- Students found in possession of illegal substances will be banned for a minimum of 6 weeks and can face a lifetime ban. Students will also be required to attend a session with a Drugs Worker at START (Sidney Street) before being allowed back into the licensed venues, even if their 6-week ban has expired. Students will also be excluded from holding office in committee and Officer roles for that year. In extreme cases, students can be arrested and expelled from University.
- Students found asking for illegal substances will be banned for a minimum of 6 weeks.
- Students found offering illegal substances to other people can face a lifetime ban and will also be excluded from holding office in committee and Officer roles. In extreme cases, students can be arrested and expelled from University.
- Non-Students found in possession of illegal substances will receive a lifetime ban from all licensed premises at Sheffield Students’ Union, and in some circumstances can be arrested.
- If you decline a search upon arrival, you will not be allowed in the venue that night.
While we have a strict ‘zero tolerance’ approach to drug use, your safety is the most important thing for us. If you feel unwell whilst visiting any SSU venues then please alert a member of staff immediately. You will not be judged or penalised in any way. We have trained first aid staff on site at all times to look after you.
Taking drugs from unkonwn sources can lead to life-threatening illnesses. Be aware of the current risks www.talktofrank.com
Thank you for your support.